Kensington Park is a land development project that Maven’s directors have had a historical involvement with dating back to 2008. Between 2008 and into late 2015 Maven’s directors were lead consultants in designing and delivering six civil stages and over 400 homes in some fifteen building packages for Kensington Park.
With a long and successful history of delivery, in late 2016 Maven were invited to continue this relationship within the current phase with some 100 homes in two buildings called 5 a & b lower.
Unique Challenges & Features
- 6m high temporary retaining walls allowing a sloping site to be terraced with two stories buried on one side while supporting four-storied buildings above and a road to the side
- Cost analysis of different methodologies (soil nailing ultimately selected)
- Relocation of a private fire / water supply network including plant room and equipment into the new building
- Ground improvement and liaison with other consultants over building loads
- Infrastructure connections
“After previously working with the directors of Maven, we engaged with them as the lead civil contractor to undertake the design and manage the construction of civil works on the Kensington Park development.
My involvement with Maven on the development was to liaise with them at each stage of the process (design, consenting, construction) providing approvals as necessary. I found them to be extremely capable, personable and easy to contact whenever I needed them. Their ability to respond swiftly is a particularly strong facet of their operation.
Maven also ensured that when their personnel visited the site they had sufficient knowledge and expertise to make decisions and thereby enable onsite works to occur without delays.”
Another key component of the way they approach business are the PCG meetings they conduct over the life of the project. These are integral to the way they work. They’re also very willing to discuss possible alternative solutions and then work toward agreeing on the appropriate way forward to achieve the best outcomes.
Was Senior Development Manager at Kensington Park
Orewa, 25 min North of Auckland CBD
Ongoing 10y+ project
Maven were engaged to provide civil engineering and surveying services for this modern, compact, mixed use development …
Tonar Street subdivision.