Scope of work: demolish the existing buildings on site to construct a new purpose built seven storey storage facility (Kennards Self storage), including the following:
- Analysing flooding recommending floor level and obtaining consents for constructing over watercare’s wastewater trunk main, public/ private drainage system.
- A job with exceptionally tight deadlines and old infrastructure with no records of them being present.
- Existing public watermain was found to be clashing with the new piles and had to be moved urgently as the Piling rig that was used in the project were only two of that kind available in the country. The seven storey building sits on about 50 piles.
- Watermain was successfully capped off at both ends. All works happened at night without causing disruption to the neighbours and complete watermain shutoff was done to allow for the works.
- No delays and the piling rig was able to be used within the dedicated timeframe.
125 Wairau Road, Wairau Valley, Next to Wairau Valley Offramp
Seven storey storage facility (Kennards Self storage)
Foster Melville Architects (Wellington)