We are seeking an experienced Senior Planner or Team Leader for a full-time position to assist with our ever-growing and varied workload in the Bay of Plenty and Waikato area. A minimum of 5 years’ Planning experience is preferred. This position is available in either the Tauranga, Matamata, or Rotorua office, with flexibility to work between the three if desired.
You may be a Senior Planner wanting to develop your skills in people management in a multi-disciplinary consultancy, or a Team Leader looking for a new opportunity. We are interested in people with both public and private sector experience to apply. We’re looking for someone who will provide value to our team, is interested in seeking out business development opportunities, and can take on a variety of projects and deliver on time and budget.
Your role will include providing leadership and guidance to our Planning Team, liaison with clients, Council staff and contractors, preparation of feasibility assessments, preparation of AEE’s and providing general planning advice to clients and fellow staff.
As a Team Lead you would form an integral part of the Management Team, you would also be involved in interviewing potential staff, assisting with HR duties associated with Planning staff, and training and upskilling Graduate or Junior Level planners as required. It is expected that you would actively engage with your network and seek out business opportunities.
We are a nationwide consultancy, and work on a variety of projects including retirement villages, urban and rural small and large scale subdivisions, energy generation projects, commercial development, masterplanning and more. We like to look at the bigger picture, creating a development that not only meets the needs here and now, but also for the future. We encourage our staff to participate in projects out of town, building connections and creating travel opportunities to some of the best parts of New Zealand.
Ideally, the person we are after would be based in the Bay of Plenty / Waikato area (or willing to relocate) and have the following attributes. If you identify with some, but not all, of those listed below, we’d still like to hear from you.
- Tertiary qualification in resource management, science, or a related discipline, with extensive experience in Planning and/or local government.
- Working knowledge of current legislation, and up to date on current legislative reviews
- Confidence in the work that you produce, your skills in mentoring and developing the team and providing concise and accurate advice to clients
- Experience with local government and the processing of resource applications.
- Experience in leadership, managing a team or providing mentoring and advice to Junior staff
- Membership, or eligibility for membership to the New Zealand Planning Institute.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the New Zealand Planning Industry.
If you are looking to progress your career with the opportunity to up skill, then contact Hannah for a confidential chat or send expressions of interest with a CV to [email protected].